Blackcurrant and strawberry pie
For this delicious pie you will need:
350 dkg flour
15 dkg sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbp yogurt
17 dkg butter
2 tsp baking powder 5 dkg grits or semolina
50 dkg blackcurrant
80 dkg strawberry
10 dkg sugar
2 tbs corn flour
1. Whit 2-3 hour take out the fruits from fridge before you start to make the pie.
2.Work together the flour,baking powder and butter than ad the egg, yogurt, vanilla and sugar. Sprinkle with cold water,add 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl.
3.Gather pastry into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes. This allows the shortening to become slightly firm, which helps make the baked pastry more flaky.
4. Mix the fruits,sugar and the corn flour.
5. Divide the ball in half and with floured rolling pin roll one, the size to be a little bigger than the pan, in this way you will have the pie sides, carefully put in the tin, press firmly against bottom and corners of the tin. I use a 26cm pie tin.
6. Preheat oven to 185C.
7. Sprinkle the grits onto pastry and put the filling on it.
8. Roll out the other piece of batter and place over the filling, press the crust edges together and trim them. Cut slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
Bake it for 40 minutes.
Serve with vanilla ice cream, caster sugar or whipped cream.