Sweet cheese balls or Hungarian cheese dumplings
This is a well known and loved dessert in Transylvania and Hungary and since I get married is loved in Emirates also.
We have a proverb back at home what I use when my husband is angry or moody `` The way to a man heart is through his stomach``. Yep this is true and almost every time is working :-)
For this yummy dumplings you will need :
2 teaspoon vanilla
8 dkg semolina (grits,wheatmeal)
15 dkg bread crumbs or 10dkg bread crumbs and 5dkg cracked nuts
serve it whit : icing sugar, sour cream, ice cream,
1. Mix the ricotta with sugar, vanilla, semolina and yolk, add more semolina if mixture is too loose. Live it for 30 minutes, this steep is needed in order to soften the semolina.
2. Put water to boil in a pot whit a pinch of salt.(i use to put 2,5 L of water).
3. Brown the bread crumbs in a frying-pan, stir it in order not to burn after this put it apart.
4. Whisk the white of the egg and fold it slowly in the dollop.
5. Wet your hands to shape little balls from the dollop and put them in the boiling water, at the beginning stir them carefully 1-2 time so they won't stick to the bottom.
They are ready when the dumplings come up to the top of the water. It will take 4-6 minutes. Put them in the bread crumbs and serve them.