Hungarian pancake is paper-thin, like French crepes and there is almost nothing in common with its American sibling. Hungarian `palascinta` pancakes served rolled or folded into triangles with fruit fillings, cinnamon, jam, chocolate cream, ground nuts or whipped cream.
Here is the recipe for the Hungarian pancake, which is very easy to prepare, from this amount of batter you will get 15-19 crepes.
280 grams flour
2 tsp sugar
150 milliliters milk
150 milliliters sparkling (mineral) water
1 tbsp oil
pinch of salt
1. In a bowl mix together the eggs, salt, sugar and flour, gradually add the flour and stir it well.
2. Pour the milk, 1 tsp oil and water and whisk the batter, you will get a very thin batter.
3. Heat frying pan and add 2 tsp oil. Use small ladle to add batter in the middle of the pan. Swirl pan to run batter out to edges of pan. Crepes (pancakes) should be large and thin.
4. Remember, you cannot make good crepes unless the pan is hot.
5. When browned, flip and browned other sides. Pancakes cook very quickly, about 30 sec. on each side.
6. Spread crepes with a feeling and roll up.
Sprinkle icing sugar on the top.