I think the origin have from France cuisine, but I have eaten before in Hungary, Romania and Spain. In every country the taste is almost the same, but they add a bit of specific taste from their country.
3 teaspoon vanilla extract
150 gr sugar
1 L milk
almond to decorate
1. Whisk the white of the eggs with 3 tablespoon sugar and one pinch of salt until you get a strong foam.
2. Boil in a large pot 1 L water, reduce the heat and add 4 tablespoon from the foam in the water. You do not need to add to much foam because they will grow in the hot water. After 1 minute turn in the other side the foam. Once you have finished with cooking the foam, place them on a plate and start to add other spoons of foam.
3. Heat the milk with the remaining sugar.
4. In a bowl mix the egg yolks with the vanilla extract, add 2 tablespoon of hot milk and stir it well. Pour the egg yolks mixture in the hot milk and on low heat stirring continuously cook until you get a thicker sauce. You can cook for 15 minutes only if you don`t like the thick sauce.
5. Pour the vanilla sauce in a cup add a few foam and let it to chill.
Decorate with almond or nuts or chocolate drops.