United Arab Emirates flag colors bread
Arab Emirates have big festivities all around the country for 3 days on the National Day. You can see cars, people, children dressed in the national colors, everywhere are flags hanging from windows, all the country is having a great time.
400 gr flour
2 teaspoon yeast
2 pinch salt
100 gr sugar
half teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 egg + 1 egg to brush the top
150 ml warm milk
40 gr melted unsalted butter
2 tablespoon cacao powder+ 1 tablespoon water
1,5 tablespoon green food color
1,5 tablespoon red food color
1. Place the yeast, half teaspoon sugar and 100 ml lukewarm milk in a mug, let it to stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar and salt. Pour the yeast on the flour, add the melted butter and egg to and mix it, pour the milk and start kneading. Knead it for 5-10 minutes, until you get an elastic dollop and isen`t stick to your fingers.
3. Cut the dollop in 4 parts. Start to knead the first dollop and form it into a ball. Add the cacao powder and half teaspoon water to the second dollop, knead it well until the cacao combine. Add the red food color to the third dollop, add a little bit flour and start kneading it until you get an elastic ball, elastic but not strong or hard. Add the green food color to the third dollop, add a bit of flour and knead it, form it into a ball.
4. Sprinkle the dollops with flour and place them in 2 big bowls, cover the bowls with kitchen towels and let them to stand in a warm place until they double their size.
5. Roll each dollop in a same size rope. Whit a rolling pin roll out a bit the dollop rope.
6. Brush the first dollop (what is with cacao powder) top with a bit water, place on it the second dollop (the white ), brush the top with bit of water and place the third dollop the green. Slowly press the edges.
7. Roll out on the slice the red dollop, brush with water and press togather to the other dollops, in this way you will got the flag from dollop.
8. Place the dollop in a greased tube pan and let it to stand for 30 minutes, cover with a kitchen towel.
9. Brush the top with egg and bake on 180 C for 25-30 minutes.
After you take out from oven, brush the top with bit of water and cower with kitchen towel for 10 minutes.
Enjoy the flag bread.