Chole Masalah or Indian hot soup
There are probably as many recipes for making Chole as there are households in North India. I have changed some ingredients due I missed them from my kitchen, but I will write the original recipe and my changes to.
2 cup can chick peas
2 medium Onion (I have used 1,5 onion)
2 big mashed or chopped Tomato mashed 2 tbspn Chhole masala powder
4 tbsp Oil
1 tspn coriander
2 tspn Cumin seeds
2 Bay leaf
1 tspn Cinnamon or 2 stick
2 tbspn Ginger garlic paste ( I have used 2 clove smashed garlic mixed with 1 tspn dry ginger)
1/2 tspn red chilly powder (I have used 1/4 tspn)
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds, bay leaves and cinnamon.
2. Cut the onion in thinly slice and add in the oil, cook until is soft or golden brown.
3. Add ginger garlic and fry it a few minutes.
4. Add the smashed tomatoes and cook it for a few minutes. Add the chole masalah and stir it well, add salt, coriander and red chilly powder stir it well, cover the saucepan with a lid and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add the chickpeas and mix it well. Add 3 cups of water, cover the saucepan, simmer and cook covered for 15 minutes.
Post a Comment