Sweet braided bread
350 gr flour
1 egg yolk + 1 yolk to brush the top
40 gr melted unsalted butter
100 gr sugar
1 bio lemon grated peel
2 tablespoon cacao powder+half tablespoon water
2,5 teaspoon dry yeast
150 ml warm milk
2 pinch salt.
1. Place the yeast and half teaspoon sugar in a mug, pour 100 ml milk on it and let it to stand for 5 minutes , until the yeast raise.
2. Mix the flour with salt, lemon peel, sugar. Pour the yeast mixture in the flour and add the other part of milk and egg. Mix it, add the melted butter and start kneading slowly until dosen`t stick to your hand and you get a soft and elastic dough. Cut the dollop in 3, add the cacao powder and water to one of the dollop and knead it until combine, Put the 3 dough in a floured bowl, place aluminium foil between them, cover with a kitchen towel and let it to double the size.
3. Roll each dollops into rope. Braid the ropes, pinching the ends and tuck them under the seal.
4. Gently place the braid in a greased tube pan or on a baking sheet. Let it to rise 40 minutes.
5. Whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon milk and brush the top of the braid.
6. Bake for 35 minutes until the top is lightly brown on 180 C.
7. When the bread is ready and hot brush the top with water or warm milk (in this way the next day to it will be soft)