Hungarian Jam Filled Yeast Pastry
This pastry is one of the most known breakfast in Hungary and Romania, you can buy in every store. For the filling you can use different taste of jam or Nutella.
350 ml milk
30 gr fresh yeast
50 gr icing sugar
500 gr flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
90 gr unsalted room temperature butter
for filling your favorite jam
for brushing 70 gr butter melted
1. Place the yeast and half teaspoon sugar in 120 ml lukewarm milk, let it to stand for 5 minutes.
2. Place the flour in a bowl, add the salt , vanilla sugar, butter and lightly beaten egg, pour the yeast mixture into bowl and start kneading the dough until you get a smooth dough. (10 minutes)
3. Place the dough in a floured bowl, sprinkle the top with flour, cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and place in a warm place for 40 minutes.
4. Pour the dough in a lightly floured surface and start kneading again for 3 minutes, than place in a floured bowl, cover with the kitchen towel and let to rise another 35 minutes.
6. Bake in 180 C preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
Sprinkle with icing sugar