Cacao muffin (paleo, sugar, flour and dairy free)
Since I have been following the paleo diet, I am after muffin recipes. I tried many, but most of them call for almond flour, what is super expensive here in UAE, hence I am trying to use coconut flour mixed with arrowroot and tapioca flour.
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon Stevia or 4 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon desiccated coconut flakes
1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
70 gr coconut flour
50 gr arrowroot flour
1/4 soda bicarbonate
2 tablespoon coconut oil- or olive oil
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
300 ml coconut milk (or any paleo dairy)
cashew or almonds for the top
1. Whisk the egg whites with 1 pinch of salt until is half strong.
2. Mix in a bowl the egg yolk, Stevia or honey, lemon zest, oil, cacao and coconut milk.
3. In another bowl mix the coconut, dessicated coconut and arrowroot flour, add the soda bicarbonate to.
4. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and mix it 2-3 times. Than add gently the egg whites foam, slowly to not broke the foam. Mix it from the bottom of the bowl to the top, only a few times.
5. Add the batter into the silicon muffin cups and top them with nuts.
6. Bake on 185C for 20 minutes. Let it to cool a few minutes before eating them.
If is cold enough you can add some paleo chocolate cream made from avocado or whisked coconut cream.
For more dairy free and flour free recipes follow me on Instagram @my_paleo_wife